Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ME & MY BRIDE

As following lyric of mine is scheduled to be published in New York in an anthology called SONGS OF HONOUR, so I have decided to post this song here on my blog as well. I have already received a world wide copyright certificate of this song and waiting for my copy of that anthology, Songs of Honour will be available in stores in late summer.

Father! Could you heal my bride
She don’t kiss me anymore
Father could you again recite
Wedding sermon as she's gored.

Doctor! She is getting cold
I can’t hold her anymore
I don’t want this yellow gold
Give me back my burning coal.

Mother! At your priceless advice
We had built the strongest hive
But in the end we found our lives
Hanging on someone else’s knife.

Cobbler!
It’s no time to mend these holes
Let them plague my worn off sole
If feet are wrecked then I could crawl
Somehow got to finish final stroll

Executioner!
Hang me high and free my soul
Then you have my lifeless mould
But beware of voodoos’ scourge
Stitch my lips before I soar.

Father: I am still deprived.
Mother: Are you still alive?
Doctor: Throw her ashes into the Nile
Cobbler: You didn’t ever try
Executioner: I’ve got a zombie life.

______nocturnal

3 Comments:

Blogger Arundhati said...

Woah!! Wonderful poetry Farhan...
The depth of your verses is amazing!

Congratulations on publishing of your poerty. Keep the good work coming...

10:54 AM  
Blogger farhaN Nocturnal said...

Arundhati--Many thanks for appreciating my workand thanks for dropping me a comment as well.

Cheers.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home